- Be Alive & Thrive ~ Life Coaching
- To Create & Motivate ~ Health Coaching
- For Love & Money ~ Biz Coaching
- Align & Be Divine ~ Relationship Coaching
- To Gather & Nurture ~ Spiritual Coaching
- Mobile Life Coaching
- Coaching Formulas
- Coaching On-Demand
Karen's Professional Experience
The combination of Karen's experiences and the skill sets outlined below allow her to offer any organization or individual a powerful and unique combination of support.
Therapy in Transition
(2006 - Present)
The mission of Therapy in Transition is to coach individuals in rediscovering their inner wisdom by creating an open and safe communication and learning environment. Through the use of multiple healing modalities, Therapy in Transition’s clients are able to learn for themselves how to accurately identify which role of their student-teacher selves is being invoked during each life experience. It is by meeting our clients where they are and by adjusting the coaching, healing and teaching approaches to each individual that we further their transformation, growth and success.
(2006 - 2009)
Karen worked as a consultant on an as-needed basis, supporting the founder and president. MyRapidMD is a private technology company headquartered in California holding a patent-pending mobile technology that supports first responders in dealing with people who are experiencing immediate medical challenges and are in need of medical help.
(2004 - 2006)
Karen supported the corporation’s founder in directing and coordinating global operations and activities identified to obtain optimum efficiency in economical operations by planning and setting up the initial accounting system, implementing policies and procedures for telecommuting of all employees/contractors, and overseeing communications with shareholders and transfer agents.
Laurel Springs School
(2001 - 2004)
A private independent study school servicing students from Junior Kindergarten through grade twelve, Laurel Springs School has approximately 4500 students both full time and part time in over 30 countries and all 50 states. She held two positions there:
Division Director of Administration, Ojai, CA
- Created, planned and implemented all aspects of a new division – Juniper Mountain Christian School - which included design, development, and implementation of marketing, curriculum, and student assessment programs; setup of all administrative systems and procedures; hiring consultants and employees; and creating financial budgets with long-range projections for school-wide development.
Project Coordinator, Ojai, CA
- Responsible for analyzing and evaluating existing organization in relation to its effectiveness and efficiency and presenting recommendations to CEO; implemented appropriate changes in school’s organizational structure within CEO's required timeline. After implementation, the school realized a 30% increase in productivity.
- Facilitated the conversion of enrollment processes from paper to electronic process through using Excel, Access and Acrobat software. The enhanced procedure cut the sales/enrollment processing time from three hours to one hour.
- Developed and implemented a Customer Service Department, including hiring and training personnel, to efficiently handle and respond to all customer related issues.
Sponsor A Teacher Program, Inc.
(1998 - Present)
A non-profit organization dedicated to improving the educational experience of students enrolled in the public school system by matching donated dollars to teachers and classrooms.
Founder and President
- Responsible for all aspects of acquiring organization's 501(c)3 status, as well as continued assurance of compliance with all regulatory filings.
- Created, directed, and implemented all marketing, including television presentations, public appearances, and liaison with public school administrators and teachers.
- Responsible for all human resource, accounting, and operations of company.
- Responsible for identifying appropriate public school classrooms and providing teacher funding.
Turbodyne Technologies, Inc.
(1995 - 2001)
Once a publicly traded company turned private, Turbodyne Technologies, Inc. is an engineering company in the design and development of patented electrically assisted air-charging technology intended to enhance the performance of internal combustion engines.
Program Manager, Carpinteria, CA
(1999 - 2001)
- Supported the coordination and management of a $2.5 million dollar budget under Joint Development with a large turbocharger manufacturer.
- Planned and executed Turbocharger development program using MS Project software.
- Responsible for generating and presenting status reports to the President, CFO, and Board of Directors.
- Required to understand and ensure that products were being built to customer specifications.
Corporate Administrator, Vancouver, BC; Woodland Hills and Carpinteria, CA
(1995 to 2001)
- Responsible for all aspects of corporate headquarter relocation from Vancouver to Woodland Hills, CA.
- Coordinated Annual General Meetings and completion of Quarterly and Annual Reports for Canadian and US Regulatory filings using SEDAR/EDGAR. Systems.
- Directed internal compliance program responsible for filing the Insider Trading Reports and Stock Incentive Plan requirements for the SEC, CSA, and ESR.
- Responsible for developing and presenting regular periodic status reports on all stock activity to the CEO, CFO, and Board of Directors.
Midland Walwyn Financial Institution
(1994 - 1995)
Working at what was once an institutional and private equity trading firm in Vancouver, British Columbia, Karen was an assistant to a financial investment broker working with clients to ensure orders were placed timely, while also working to keep an open communication about investments and financial goal strategies.
(1988 - 1995)
An innovative fitness institution which was founded in 1984, the company continues to be family operated. Karen worked as a personal trainer supporting individuals, semi-professional and professional athletes to meet their fitness, health, and wellness goals, while also being responsible for customer retention and overseeing the racquetball and squash programs for members.